What is the difference between ethics and law?
Ethics: a system of moral principles that govern a person’s behaviour or the conducting of an activity.
Law: the principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.
Describe 3 ethical decisions that may influence web development
– Purposely making privacy options confusing in order to trick people into sharing more information than they are comfortable with.
– Spamming friends on social networks without their explicit permission, many of us are asked to do things that we are not comfortable with.
– Stretching the truth to help a client sell their products – deceptive, using misleading information e.g. Using fake reviews
Describe 3 legal requirements that influence web development
– You must include your company information on your website and in your emails
– Obtain all necessary third party licences and consents – e.g. copyright, links, trade marks, etc.
– Incorporate your terms and conditions